With an estimated 3.5 million truckers on the road, commercial trucking accidents account for 9% of all roadway accidents. Surprisingly, just 4% of these commercial accidents can be traced back to fatigue.
Other cited causes include:
1. Prescription Drug Use 26%
2. Traveling Too Fast 23%
3. Unfamiliar with Roadway 22%
4. Over-the-counter Drug Use 18%
5. Inadequate Surveillance 14%
6. Fatigue 13%
7. Illegal Maneuver 9%
8. Exterior Distraction 8%
9. Inadequate Evasive Action 7%
10. Aggressive Driving Behavior 7%
In many cases, these kinds of accidents can be prevented.
The time allowed by law in which you may file a truck accident lawsuit is limited. Don’t wait to contact an attorney! If you wait, you may end up being stopped by the statute of limitations or evidence may be lost or even destroyed soon after an accident.
Call Now (314) 588-7200